Statistical Software Packages
There are a large number of statistical packages available. We have particular expertise in the following packages:
- R: A language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. See our R Programming page for details on why we prefer to use R for data analysis.
- IBM SPSS: A general purpose statistical package much used in the social sciences and increasingly in business. It is now possible to link IBM SPSS with R, allowing the integration of the latest statistical methods and graphics provided by R into the user friendly SPSS environment.
- Other packages we have used: SAS, Minitab, Stata, STATISTICA, Systat
Some recommended resources
- Jones, O. Maillardet, R. and Robinson, A. 2009. Introduction to Scientific Programming and Simulation Using R. Chapman & Hall/CRC: Boca Raton.
- Matloff, N. 2011. The Art of R Programming: A Tour of Statistical Software Design. No Starch Press: San Francisco.
- Teetor, P. 2011. R Cookbook. O'Reilly Media: Sebastopol.