Design of Observational Studies
There is a growing interest in well-designed observational studies and the design of such studies is just as important as that of randomised controlled experiments. Many observational studies now use propensity scores to make the treatment and control groups comparable.
We can assist clients with the following:
- design and analysis of observational studies
- the use of propensity score techniques
- sensitivity analysis
Some recommended resources
- Cochran, W.G. 1983. Planning and Analysis of Observational Studies. Wiley: New York.
- Rosenbaum, P.R. 2002. Observational Studies. 2nd Edition. Springer-Verlag: New York.
- Rosenbaum, P.R. 2010. Design of Observational Studies. Springer: New York.